TESOL 2014 handouts and references are now online here!
- EAP Support for Graduate Students: Challenges and Successes (discussion group with Chris Feak). Friday 2:00-2:45pm
- What Graduate Writers Really Need (invited session, with Chris Feak); Saturday 9:30-10:45am
- Disciplinary Differences, Disciplinary Genres (colloquium, with Silvia Pessoa, Ryan Miller, and Kyung-Hee Bae). Saturday 1:00-2:45pm
Do you teach or advise (post-)graduate students? Join the Graduate Educators Roundtable discussion list!
I have an exciting year of conferences and workshops ahead. Here are the highlights and handouts!
- Penn-TESOL East Fall Conference, Saturday November 9. “From Generic Writing to Writing Genres.” PowerPoint.
- Maryland English Institute, invited workshop on teaching EAP Writing for MEI faculty, November 15
- University of Trento, Italy, invited 2-day workshop on effective EAP instruction, February 17-18, 2014
- Writing Research Across Borders, Feb 19-22, Paris, France. Oh yes, France.
- Making Thinking Visible: Comparing Genre-Based Pedagogy and Cognitive Strategy Instruction (paper with Dr. Skip MacArthur and Dr. Zoi Philippakos). PowerPoint slides here.
- Exploring Disciplinary Genres (colloquium, with Ryan Miller and Silvia Pessoa): The Conflicting Case of the MBA Case Study. PowerPoint slides here.
- TESOL 2014, Portland, Oregon (March 26-29)
- What Graduate Writers Really Need (invited session, with Chris Feak)
- Disciplinary Differences, Disciplinary Genres (colloquium, with Gena Bennett, Silvia Pessoa, Ryan Miller, and Kyung-Hee Bae)