I’m making some detours off my usual routes this spring, and I’m excited to be speaking at…
Graduate Student North America Systemic Functional Linguistics (GradNASFLA) Symposium, Georgetown University (February 21-23):
- Keynote: What’s language doing here?
St Andrews EAP Conference (March 8-9):
- Friday workshop TBA
- Afternoon Plenary: “Someone will agree that …”: Lexicogrammatical Adventures in Source Use (Saturday)
- Look out for copies of the second edition of Grammar Choices for Graduate and Professional Writers, which will be featured at the conference!
BALEAP, University of Leeds (April 12-14):
- Interrogating the “A”: What’s academic about academic speaking and writing? (Workshop with Jane Freeman, University of Toronto — very excited about this!)
- Talking the Talk: Stocking Novice Postgraduate Students’ Linguistic Toolbox (with Kelly Sippell, University of Michigan Press)
And join the Consortium for Graduate Communication for our 2019 Summer Institute, June 13-15, George Mason University, Arlington Campus (Washington, DC)