Here’s my speaking schedule for the coming year. Come join me!
Kansas State University Intensive English Program (professional development workshop), December 15
EAP Conference at St. Andrew’s University, Scotland, February 24-25, 2017
- Workshop, “Genres That Work in the Writing Classroom”
- Plenary speaker. “Go with the Flow: Creating Cohesion in Academic Discourse”
AAAL Conference, Portland, March 17-19, 2017
- Connecting Process and Product: Mixed-Method Research into Collaborative Writing
TESOL Convention, Seattle, March 21-24, 2017 (handouts & slides here)
- “Myths of the Five-Paragraph Essay.” Second Language Writing Interest Section Academic Session, with Dana Ferris, Christine Ortmeier-Hooper, Luciana de Oliveira, Deborah Crusan, and Ann Johns.
- ” Argue, Contend, Exort: Teaching the Language of Argumentative Writing” with Silvia Pessoa, Ryan Miller, Tom Mitchel, and Sandra Zappa Hollman
- “Many Hands Make Writing Work: Planning Engaging Collaborative Writing Tasks” with Monica Farling